Here and Gone

on Sunday, August 2, 2009

So, YESTERDAY (August 1st) was my birthday. Great day, let me tell ya. NOT... It started out I had to wake up early (not what I like to do). It was to go to a water park... which was okay. Once approaching the line for the tram to the entrance of the park we realized it would be a while. I did NOT want to walk the mile to the park... uphill, might I add, in 90 degree weather. But to cease the complaining about waiting from my WONDERFUL husband, I decided to walk.... little did he know I was planning to complain the entire walk, which I did. We FINALLY arive at the entrance of the park only to sit for almost two hours waiting on the rest of our "party" to get there. 1:15 pm rolls around and they finally arrive. I'm hot and tired, not a good combination for me. Upon entering the park, we go to our $15 LARGE locker, it was the same size as the $12 SMALL lockers, we were ripped off. On top of being ripped off, the cement was SCORCHING hot! With our feet burning to a crisp we ran from shadow to shadow to cool them down. The first of only two rides we went on was called "Neptune's Fury." The ride was fun, the water was cool, but not cold, THANK GOD! We decided to just walk around and see what Raging Waters had to offer.... not much, let me tell you that. The lines were HORENDOUS (sp)!!! We ended up just floating around on the lazy river for a while, then decided to ride "Thunder Rapids." The line was LONG but the short ride was worth it... UNTIL Cody lost his glasses! Once he lost his glasses the day was pretty much gone, we decided to eat a little. Waiting in line for the nasty pizza they had, only to have to search endlessly for a table to eat at. Finally finding a table, we all sit down only to get swarmed with yellow jackets. They were landing on our cups and Chris kept flicking them off.... one even decided to take over Debra's drink. Once we finished eating we figured we'd go chill out in the lazy river again, the water was fairly warm and the air was beginning to cool. Cody felt the need to wait until the park closed to see if they could find his glasses, they did. His glasses were mangled and no longer usable.... a waste of waiting two hours. The plan for after that was SUPPOSED to be dinner, but we never made it. Now the plan is to go today.

Overall, my birthday was.... eh... I've had better. I was bombarded with birthday wishes on my Facebook and MySpace, as well as my cell phone, which did make me feel a little better. At least I knew I was being thought of. Thanks to all who did!! The sad thing was, two people, who I thought were good friends, were lacking in the birthday wishes.... It takes only a minute to send a text, probably less to post something. As a friend, I would've thought they'd make time, whether it was at the beginning of the day.. or the end, but I was wrong. Needless to say, they WON'T be getting any type of anything for their birthday, not even a "Happy Birthday."

0 comments: