I'll keep this short and sweet. Christmas is right around the corner and I figured I'd stop to take a minute and think about what Christmas really is. It's gotten so commercialized over the years that I think most people have forgotten the true "reason for the season." It's not about the amount of presents you get or the amount someone spends on you or how much you spend on someone else. For Christians, it's about the birth of Jesus Christ. It's about being together as a family and celebrating. It's become so commercialized that people of other religions who don't recognize the birth of Jesus have started to "celebrate" it. In other words, they're just using it as an excuse to get presents. I'm wondering if some people even know the REASON it's considered a holiday... or if all they know is that they're getting presents. It's kinda sad that parent's now-a-days don't share the true meaning with their children and because of that the trend is continuing and growing larger.
Yea, it's great getting presents, who doesn't love that? But this Christmas, I'm going to try and focus more on family and why this holiday exists. And I hope that you will do the same... or at least try to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment