It Comes To An End

on Friday, December 31, 2010

Well, it's almost here. The end of 2010. It's been quite a busy year. Last New Years Eve, I was at Down Town Disney in California celebrating with some of my favorite people. This year, it's pretty much the same.... minus Down Town Disney, California, and almost everyone from last year. This year, it's my parents, Chris, and Matt (my brother in law).

2010 started out WAY better than 2009, let me tell you. It's been quite an emotional year for me. I started off in sunny California soaking up every minute I could living away from home. I miss it and wish I could move back. But, I got to see a lot of people I love upon returning to the East. I got to see my family in Ohio and introduce everyone to my lovely and I also got to meet his family. I love them all!

Going to Ohio, it was kind of emotional for me. I introduced Chris to my dying grandfather, which was also the last time I saw him... ever. I wanted to cry, but held it together.

2010 also marked the 2 year anniversary of the day I got married. It also marked the 2 year anniversary of my grandmother's death. Speaking of death, yes, my grandfather passed on August 30th of this year, as well. Just three days before our anniversary. It seems any type of happiness around things like that are spoiled. My grandmother died days (like 2) before I got engaged... and also left her wedding band to me and now my grandfather. It was a long time coming and I'm glad he's not suffering anymore.

The worst part for me for 2010 is probably the fact that one, we left California, and two, Chris now lives in North Carolina and comes home on Friday and only stays until Sunday. He's going to school, but I just wish we were done with being separated. I can't complain too much, at least he is here.

The best, seeing my family again and meeting my new ones. It's good to be back in Georgia, but my heart will always be longing for California.

Overall, 2010 had its ups and downs. I'm looking forward to seeing what 2011 has to offer, but at the same time, I'm completely ready for 2012 and 2011 isn't even here yet!

Have a safe and Happy New Year everyone!

0 comments: