It's a new day and I've got some stuff to say!
First off, I'd like to give a HUGE Happy Birthday to those who've served (and still serve) in the United States Marine Corps! 235 years ago today the Marine Corps was established at Tun Tavern in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania by Captain Samuel Nicholas. They've come a long way since then and I'd like to congratulate every single Marine (past, present, and future) on their hard work and success to make the Corps what they are today!
Secondly, tomorrow is Veterans day. This is a time to thank and remember the men and women who've served and, at times, sacrificed. This is something I could never do. I could never endure deployments and having to be away from the people I love in a land full of those who hate me. I could never go days upon days without taking a shower or not knowing when my next meal will be. I could never live my life day to day watching those around me die and get injured. Things NO human should ever have to go through. I'm thankful that there are those who will for me.
I also want to send a thank you out to those who've lost. The wives, mothers, daughters, sons, fathers, husbands, other family, and friends of the departed. You've had to sacrifice for the good of our country just as the service members. You've had to send of your beloved not knowing if they'll return but hoping they will. You've had to deal with the heartbreak (and that's not even a deep enough word for it) of learning you will never see them again. Thinking of this, I literally cry for you. I have never had to know the feeling of saying goodbye and counting down the days only to have your hopes, dreams, and excitement ripped out from under me. For that, I'm sorry. I know you probably don't want to hear it and you're tired of sympathy but I just feel like it. You won't hear it after this post, I promise.
Now onto to something a little more happy... I think. I'm thankful, again, for my husband. He drives every weekend 9 hours (5 hours to and 4 hours from) to see me. I think it's to see me, anyway. Maybe it's just to see his parents but he stays with me. LOL Who knows, I'll assume it's to see me AND his parents, but a little more me. HAHA I know he loves me, otherwise he wouldn't do it. YAY! :-) Anyways, the point of this post was for the USMC Birthday and for Veteran's Day and I figured since I'm being all thankful and what not I'd throw this in here, too. Have a Happy Hump Day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment