Since Thanksgiving is rapidly approaching I decided this month I'm going to try my hardest not to look at all the negatives in my life and focus on the positive; the things I can be thankful for!
On my blog, I focus mostly on what bothers me with my life or even others lives. LOL I come off, in a lot of my posts, as a bitch, a tad ungrateful, and negative. Quite frankly, I'm kind of sick of making myself look like that. LOL
Anyways, first off, I'm thankful for (and if he read this he might comment if I didn't mention him first) my husband. We've had our ups and downs, like any other relationship, but we always pull through it. Life together is hard right now because we're apart and with added stress of everything we have going on it makes it an pretty rough ride, but we're making it and I look forward to what God has in store for us in the future... I just wish that future would hurry itself up!
Secondly, I'm thankful for my parents. Despite the fact that I really can't stand my mother, she didn't have to agree to let us move our entire apartment into their house for who knows how long. My dad, I doubt I'll ever have anything negative to say about him. He's been there my whole life. Never missed a game or piano recital. Although he wasn't there for a lot school things (like awards ceremonies) and practices he was there for everything that meant anything.
I'm also thankful for my extended family... in laws and my own blood. They (MY family) welcomed Chris with open arms even though it was the first time they met him. They treated him like the knew him forever. His family, likewise. I felt like I was part of them within fifteen minutes of being in the room. LOL Facebook helped a lot with that, I'd like to think. LOL
I'm thankful for my in laws. They're not crazy and I love that about them. LOL I hear so many horror stories about in laws and they've been great so far!
Lastly, I'm thankful for the military. Even though they kept us apart a lot and they pissed Chris off 80 % of the time, they were good to us. With a roof over our head, food on our plates, bills paid on time they gave us something that a lot of married folk our age won't have: stability. We were able to get pretty much whatever we wanted and take trips here and there. We got to do things we probably never would've been able to do had he not been in the military. They are also pretty much what brought us together. Had he not joined, got deployed, and came home on leave we never would've started dating.
This is only a few things I'm thankful for, but I have the whole month of November to blog about others so I won't bore you with the entire list today. Have a happy November people!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment