Not much to say...

on Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I don't have anything fun to update about, but I think I'm due for one. There's not a whole lot going on in my life. Other than dreading the stupid move back to Georgia, it's starting to REALLY warm up over here in California. I absolutely LOVE it! It's around 80 today and GORGEOUS! This is what I love about California, it's in the 70's and sunny almost the entire year and I'm going to miss it terribly!


Since my time here is coming to and end soon, maybe I should re-cap on what my life has been like the past year and a half. It's been crazy. From trying to adjust to living here "on my own" (even though Chris has been here, he's been gone for quite a bit of training so I've been pretty much living on my own) to having to prepare myself for moving back in with mom and dad, it's been a pretty crazy time. I'm a little nervous to go back to my hometown. I'm sure there's quite a bit of change. Okay, I'm rambling a little... back to the re-cap.

The journey across the U.S.... wow, what a journey that was. If you ever have the opportunity to do it I'd suggest you DON'T drive through Texas. It is the most boring state to drive through and I'm surprised I didn't lose my mind. Most of the ride from GA to CA was in Texas, it took us TWO DAYS to get through this ONE state. Unbelievable! Anyways, the ride was LONG and tiring and I'm not looking forward to the ride back. However, we will be doing a little bit of sight seeing on the way back, Grand Canyon here we come!

Once we got here it was kind of hard to adjust. I went from having everyone I've ever known to having my dog, my husband, and myself to keep me company. It was a difficult first few months trying to adjust and make new friends. I felt alone and a little homesick just for a little bit, I must admit. Once I made the few friends I have it got a little easier. Then... people change. I've ended up with one decent friend and one acquaintance. It doesn't bother me too much since I'm leaving anyways, but it's still a big change from having a ton of friends to have two.

Overall, it's been a great experience and I wish it wouldn't end. I got to see a lot in my time here: Disneyland, Universal Studios, and Hollywood are just a few. When my cousin gets here we'll be going to Santa Monica Pier and Venice beach! California has SO much to offer, it's the only state with beaches, mainland, and deserts all in the same place! If only the housing prices weren't so outrageous, we'd stay here forever!

I know I have quite a few friends excited for me to come back and believe me I'm excited to see you, but I just hate Georgia. I hate a good bit of the people, I hate the weather, and I just plain hate it! California just feels like the place I'm meant to live. Living in Georgia, I was unhappy, but almost daily here I wake up with a smile on my face. *sigh* maybe someday.


0 comments: