Out with the old...

on Monday, January 4, 2010

2009 has come and gone. It was a crazy year, and we made it through! 2009 started off as the WORST year of my entire life. (and by started off I meant just New Years Eve/New Years day). We've had a few rough patches but we've pulled through. We made it to our one year mark! There were tons of days where I was lonely, wishing I had him home, but it's his job and I know he'd rather be home with me. The end of the year rolled around and boy has time flown by! It's already 2010!


In with the new... looking back on the past few years, I have NEVER been able to just let the things of the past go. Year by year I keep adding on to the things that bother me or the things that hurt. I just couldn't seem to get over anything. 2010 is a time for change, it's a new decade, a new era, and I'm ready for good things to happen! What's in the past is in the past and I'm only looking at the present and future. I don't have the time or the energy to dwell on things in the past, to dwell on people. There's a reason God took those out of my life who aren't with me now. There's always a method to his madness and I have to remember that. I have to realize that just because one person burned me that not everyone will do the same. Although, there's more bad than good out in the world there are still some out there and I shouldn't shut them out because I've been wronged in the past. Because of something that happened almost two years ago, I am unable to trust and love like I should. It's always in the back of my head that someone somewhere is waiting to back stab me. Because of my negative outlook on the people in this world it seems as though I am incapable of making and keeping friends. I am a bitter person and that needs to change. 2010 is a new year and I should have a new, positive outlook on life and the people in it. I'll be 20 this year, it's time for me to grow up and move on from what was done in my teenage years. So this year my new years resolution this year is: Out with the old, in with the new.


0 comments: