Happy Anniversary!

on Thursday, September 3, 2009

Well, a year has come and gone and we're on our second year of marriage! It was a tough year, but we're finally where we should be! After all the stupid arguments about pointless things we're as good as we're ever gonna be! "They" say the first year of marriage is the hardest, and for me, "they" were right! It took about a year for things to settle down and for us to actually be able to TALK instead of yell. LOL There were times where I just wanted to give up and quit, but I knew marriage was more than just that. You can't give in no matter how hard it gets!! (unless they're being abusive in any way) If you know it's meant to be, stick around and keep fighting for it! It's also true what "they" say, you never REALLY know the person 'til you're married! LOL They were right again! It was a tough year, but I wouldn't trade it for the world!

Now, to the juicy stuff! What'd we do for our first anniversary? Well, as you know, at first I was a little mad because he was told at the last minute he was leaving early for the "field" and I thought he would be "dead to the world" the next week he got back.. I didn't think we'd have a good anniversary because he is usually "dead to the world" and doesn't wanna do anything. He asked me Tuesday night what we were doing and I told him I didn't know, I asked him and he said he didn't know either! The next morning his alarm went off aroudn 5:30 am.. the usual time for him to get up and go to work. Most mornings, he puts his alarm on snooze, he did that this morning... or so I thought. I ended up falling back asleep after that first alarm went off, I woke up at 7 am and noticed he was still in the bed!! I shook him and asked him when he was supposed to be at work and he said "I'm not" and I said "what? what are you talking about?" He then gets a big goofy smile on his face and says "SURPRISE!!! I got the day off!" YAY! I was happy! LOL We went back to sleep 'til about 10:30 and went out and got eggs. He cooked me breakfast! :-D After that we just hung out for a little while then he said we needed to go to the mall. So we got ready and got in the car and everything. We were sitting at a light and he said "Can you open that?" (talking about the glove box) So I did, he said "What's that?," I said "What's what?," he said "That paper thing?," I picked it up and looked at it and he said "What's inside" when I opened it there were two tickets for the Hornblower. The hornblower is a dinner cruise ship. You sail around the San Diego Harbor around sunset and eat a really nice dinner. They have a DJ and a dance floor and you can wander around the little ship and go outside and just sit out there and just listen to the water and the other passing boats and just enjoy yourself!! We didn't dance, instead, we spent the evening just sitting outside watching the planes and boats and everything! There weren't a lot of people there since it was a weeknight so it was really easy just to seclude yourself from everyone else!

That was seriously one of the best days ever! He was being all romantic and everything and I was just in complete shock! He actually has it in him to plan nice things!!! He made our first anniversary the best ever and he's already planning anniversary number two!!! :-D

0 comments: